Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Portfolio Peices

 I chose this piece because I feel it is one of my better projects that display a decent job of cutting and pasting. Originally this photo had icicles dripping from a drain, but i wanted to edit the icicles out and put something else seeping out. In the first project of taking pictures of a environment, self portrait, and idea/action, I chose my environment of rain on a window. Since the photo already had drips of water in the picture, I felt it would be beneficial and a good pick to use for my icicle substitute. I then added a light source in the drain to add shadows, manipulated the picture by playing with its colors and actual shape, and added highlights to show the sun shining on what now looks like mysterious goop.


 I chose this piece because I feel it has a clean, illustrative quality to it. This originally was my self portrait piece, and I liked this photo so much that I knew I wanted to play around with it sometime or another. I layered a past photo I took of a tree, manipulated it by using an oil paint option to look as if they were tiles. I then dragged and dropped it over my face, and traced where my eyes, nose and mouth would be from the original picture that was my first layer. I then smudged my hair so add to make it appear soft, and airy, with highlights I used with the paintbrush. My scarf has touches of pink from the paintbrush i also then incorporated into the sky, and I drew pencil marks to add a more gritty feel to play off of the branches from the tree in the background.
I chose this piece because I feel like it has a good balance between, color, movement and content. The original picture is the background photo, which is a stretched image of my bed spread with scarfs on top of the comforter. The three lines that are near the four corners of this piece are head bands that i used the oil paint tool on. I also colored in the headbands with pink because I felt it balanced out the bright pink of the scarfs, which i also drew on to enhance shadows and highlights. The main focus of the piece looks like a demented flower. The center is a bead from a necklace I took a picture of, and then shaded with the paint tool, and its pedals are butterfly magnets I took pictures of and later distorted to give them their curvy shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment